WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Okay you DYDR's for the first time ever a round of the FIM World Enduro Championship is being held in the United States. Right in our backyard, Hancock, NY on July 22nd and 23rd.

http://www.ama-cycle.org/amrace/2006/fimenduro/index.asp

For those of you who don't know, the guys riding the WEC (mostly Europeans) are the same guys that kick our butts every year at the ISDE. They make our fast guys look slow.

What do you say we get together wave a big American flag blow some air horns and cheer on the U.S. riders... and maybe shake up some of the euros in the process.

Who's in?

KDXruss

Damn Yankees
Jul 11, 2004
kinda maybe planning on it, my in-laws house are about a half hour from Hancock.
Woods, let's set up a CATRA beer drinking, flag waving, cheering section :cool:

"rippinrol"

aka tippinroll
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 11, 2002
Yeah Woods I'd like to check it out! It's after Dilla..

Anyone want to check out Unadilla!! Amatuer racing 8/14,15. On the 16th (Sunday) the pro's race. http://www.unadillamx.com/amateur.html
Download pre-entry form if you want to race U2 and not have the hassle of waiting on line Friday morning.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
I'll be at the Little Rhody Enduro in Rhode Island on the 16th.

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
The reason the guys across the Atlantic do well at the ISDE is simple. The race is all decided upon times in grass tracks. The trail is just there to wear the riders down.

We (NATRA) put on an ISDE Qualifier this year. It completely changed my prospective on the ISDE. The old ISDT may have been about who was the best trail rider, but the present format is like a Trials event. The grass tracks are the deciding factor.

How many grass track sections are in our Enduros? How about Hare Scrambles? If the format was changed to all "enduro" sections then our riders would do much better.
RAD DAD

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Our guys have to learn how to race like the Euros first. Tulsa in '94 was a real eye-opener for me.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom