Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I went in to the store to pick up a PS2, and after the salesman got through talking, adaptors, dolby digital, pixels, memory, DVD functions, real time graphics, etc, etc. I walked out with my head spinning and a brand new x-box, and so far I'm very impressed, the salesman also said that the x-boxs game list is closing the # of games gap between the two machines at a pretty good pace. My brother has the PS2 so we will be doing an in depth hands on comparison in the following weeks ;)
I just picked up Superfly a couple of days ago and haven't really had a chance to play it, but from what I have played so far, I have no comlaints.
What's more important realism or the fun factor, probably a good mix of the two, but I think I could overlook some of the unrealistic deatails as long as the game is fun to play.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I almost wish i had got the PS2, because there are more games that i think i would like (like GTA III), but it looks like the Xbox will catch up.

Hucker, tell me more about this HD mod and how to store games on it. ive got a spare 20gb 7200rpm drive sitting here!

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
yup, that sounds like something i might want to do ;) I knew there had to be a way to get around buying games! just copy them to the HD! Im not to concerned about xbox live...yet

im still researching, but im probably gonna do this

Big Tuna

Nov 29, 2000
I've put a little more time in on MXSuperfly, and I feel that it's a better racing game than RC's MX2002, just more attention to detail. I haven't even tried out the free-style, and extra games yet.
Has anybody tried the game, and then riden any of the tracks, I'm just wondering how closely they relate? Is it dejavu, or is it out to lunch?
I just think it would be cool to get out there, and be like "oh yeah, I remember this S turn, oh and there's that tree that I always run into. ;)

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
I've played plenty of games that attempted to replicate Washougal, none of them really even came very close. If they hadn't been named "Washougal" I never would have recognized the atempts of copying the actual track. I've put about 5 or 6 hours of roost time on Washougal dirt, so I remember the exact layout and features.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I just found MX2002 used so i picked it up, its alright, but i can tell its old. the Xbox can do way better. Im still looking for MX superfly

mrmodine

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 2, 2002
I just spent the last couple of days trying to find good bike games for my new PS2.  I tried the Carmichael stuff but I did not like it...very unrealistic when you can do backflips w/o watching on just about any little jump...  I know some people think these are simple (Oh GCOOPER, where are you now) but I think its still a tough trick.  Personally, I felt the games were tough to control.

What I would really like is a hare scramble or ISDE type game rather than MX...hmm.  Maybe someday.

What I really like so far though is the ATV Fury series.  I don't have a quad and I don't ever want one but man if they aren't fun to play with in this game.  I'm having  a blast with it so far.

BigAl

Mar 30, 2001
has anyone played motocross mania for the pc? just wondering because i really like this game and was wondering how either mx 2002 or mx superfly compare to it in bike handling and tracks...

also i just got mx superfly(xbox) on ebay so when it gets hear ill report how i like it.

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
I have MX mania for pc, i like it, probably one of my all time favorites. Its been a while since i played it, but it might be a little more realistic than MX2002

Top Bottom