Capirate

Jun 1, 2006
I bought an XR107 which i recently put a new motor in.. im just looking for the most performance i can get, when i bought my new motor i dissassembled the top end and put in a higher compression piston and rings,Which helped alot, but isnt enough. I got FMF exhuast and 22MM Carb. i imagine its getting around 14-17 HP to the crank and maybee 9-11 to the wheel, which isnt enough for me. Is there anything else i can do? Im pretty new to the whole pitbikes thing.. Is there like mini turbo kits? the biggest motor i could find was this 125. thanks for the help.

* by the way i think my bike is running too rich.. i put my hand in front of the exhuast and revved it up, and i could feel wet gas through my glove, it also backfires alot when im going downhill or letting off the gas. is the an air mixture screw or something i can adjust? the backfiring is very annoying and its a firehazard to my property. theres a screw on the bottom of the carb, closest to the intake port, that i think is the air mixture screw.. i just dont know if i have to back it off or run it in or how much.
Thanks

husabutt

Dec 26, 2005
Capirate said:
I bought an XR107 which i recently put a new motor in.. im just looking for the most performance i can get, when i bought my new motor i dissassembled the top end and put in a higher compression piston and rings,Which helped alot, but isnt enough. I got FMF exhuast and 22MM Carb. i imagine its getting around 14-17 HP to the crank and maybee 9-11 to the wheel, which isnt enough for me. Is there anything else i can do? Im pretty new to the whole pitbikes thing.. Is there like mini turbo kits? the biggest motor i could find was this 125. thanks for the help.

* by the way i think my bike is running too rich.. i put my hand in front of the exhuast and revved it up, and i could feel wet gas through my glove, it also backfires alot when im going downhill or letting off the gas. is the an air mixture screw or something i can adjust? the backfiring is very annoying and its a firehazard to my property. theres a screw on the bottom of the carb, closest to the intake port, that i think is the air mixture screw.. i just dont know if i have to back it off or run it in or how much.
Thanks

Sounds like your jetting is all wacko. Increasing the pilot jet will help cure decelleration popping. Also sealing up any leaks in exhaust joints may be necessasy first. Your needle and main jet may be too rich.

If you just want a quick fix try raising the needle a clip or two and find your fuel screw and give it and extra 1/2 to 1 full turn outward from fully seated.

Proper jetting may give you the boost in power you are looking for.

BTW what is a XR107? A big bore XR100?

Capirate

Jun 1, 2006
thx for feedback.. its a Xtreme 107.. a knockoff essentially.. but its pretty well made.. the suspension and shock hold me up really well, im around 135 pounds and it never bottoms out.

Top Bottom