Y02 CR125- PC pipe with spacer has pinging

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
I have a R304 with stock pipe. Just put the PC pipe on. My son did not like the lost in bottom power. So I put a 5mm spacer and he loves the power but we are getting pinging!
I checked the plug and it looked fine. I put a fatter main put then he lost some top end. Fatter main only helped a tiny bit in reducing pinging.

I am assuming then its the pilot. do you have any suggestions!!?

Also, the pipe touches the water line. Now the coolent gets ~2" low every moto, plus the engine gets really hot. I took a old water hose and split it and put it over the existing hose to help
keep the hose from burning. The outer hose is fryied and bike is still getting hot. I just put a ceramic tile between the pipe and water hose. I will find out next weekend when we ride if it helped.

But I need to solve the pinging! Need help. please advise.

Thanks,
Spokes574

Spokes574

Apr 27, 2001
It turns out that the pinging was caused by not using race gas.
I had the bike ported and ran out of race gas slowly and was mixing my gas with octain booster for ~2wks.
I called Procircuit and they told me it put the race gas and check and sure enough the bike stopped pinging.

Overheating: well I put a piece of tile between the pipe and water line and now the radiator water level droppes ~1" in 1hr of riding. Well thats better than the 4" in 1" that is was dropping w/o the ceramic tile.

I will now put a inline fine cooler and heat reflective tape and see if I can cool it down further since my son loves the pipe with the 5mm spacer, I guess I will continue to find a solution to the heating problem. Getting close but not 100% solved yet.

Top Bottom