Yamaha NYS Weekend of Champions at Frozen Ocean

atc3434`

~SPONSOR~
Nov 1, 2001
Frozen-Ocean, my closest motorsports park had their big weekend this Saturday and Sunday. The racing there was spectacular. The big weekend usually brings in a few pros, Jesseman, Carpenter, and Dowd have all been there in the past, along with Brock Sellards and Ryan Mills who were both there this weekend.

Supercross was Saturday night. The weather was beautiful, and the track was in great condition. Brock Sellards owned the supercross track, winning both the pro/expert 125 and 250 races, along with both the 125 and 250 dash for cash. Mills took second in both races. All the other levels of competition rode well, giving the crowd a good show.

Motocross was today, and the racing was AWESOME. In moto one of the 125s, Mills was giving Brock a lot of pressure for the lead after working from a mid pack start. He definatly had the advantage on the track, even though Sellards 250F clearly was faster than the CR in the wide open spots. However, Mills had a mechanical failure right in front of my seating area. I believe the bike seized, as they could not get it to kick over. Sellards took the moto, along with the 250 moto 1. In the 250 Sellards had to battle with one very talented local rider who put on a spectacular show, giving Sellards pressure the whole race. Both Mills and Sellards left before the second Motos, but the racing was great. A wonderful weekend of watching the races, got my sunburn freshend up, as well as a new 756 on my YZ!

Top Bottom