Year-Round Indoor riding tracks

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Looking for information on year round Indoor riding tracks throughout the United States. If you have one of these facilities in your area, I would greatly appreciate any information you could provide or forward. Owners or operating management names and phone numbers, physical information on the complex, ie: size of building, ceiling height, excavation depths inside, ventilation requirements. Amenities, ie: onsite sales of food, parts, races, lessons, other events, BMX? How popular are these indoor tracks during different seasons? How much support do your local MX dealers provide? How close are other outdoor venues to the complex? If you are an owner or operator of one of these facilities, I would like to hear from you. If you ride at one of these tracks I really want to get your input as well.
My E-mail is below, if you need my # just ask or I'll call you. Thanks,

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
The best indoor races I've done were put on my Sam Gammon of Victory Motorsports out of TN. They have info on them at http://www.victory-sports.com with a link on the left for their Indoor Series.

Things that they do very well are:

Track design. They limit the chances of going off the track and into oncoming traffic.

Schedules. They keep to their time schedule.

Interesting tracks. Whoop sections that can be ridden by anyone while still being challenging enough for the fast guys to do fast. Also, jumps with multiple landings for slow and fast riders.

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Thanks Mike, I'll look into them and give 'em a call. Yes James, I think it can be done, there is a vacancy that has just been announced due to National bankruptcy, and expect the tenant out in about 6 to 8 months. This is something the Raleigh area needs and if Lola and I can be a part of making it happen, well, we're going to give it our best shot. The idea is for a permanent track, with local or national ownership, groomed for weekend races, lighted of course, and also open during the week and evenings. With 6 major dealerships in the area, and at least 5,000 to 10,000 dirt bikes owned within 1/2 hour of the area, I think the area can support it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
James, you're not really moving out his way...you're merely expanding in his direction. :confused:

Dave, you also need to talk to Wardy. Too many people I know that have gotten into the business aspect of MX lose the time/ability to ride anymore. Now that I think about it, almost every one of them.

...and I'd much rather keep you (and Aryn and Lola) as a riding buddy than gain another place to ride!

James

Lifetime Sponsor
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by High Lord Gomer
James, you're not really moving out his way...you're merely expanding in his direction. :confused:

If this means what I think it does....I don't think you have any room to talk. Actually, last time I saw you in the riding pants, I knew there was no room.

I think Dave can maintain his four rides per year average with us whilst running a track!!!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Originally posted by James
Actually, last time I saw you in the riding pants, I knew there was no room.
You better watch out, cuz you know...

It ain't nuthin fer me to edit a man's post!!

Next thing you know you'll be singing show tunes with the dancin banana guy in the Women's forum!

Anyway, there was plenty of room in thos pants...it was just all in the crotch and none in the waist!

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Oops, better get back on topic here...I also heard that there will be some sort of AX in the new Coliseum (or whatever it is to be called) in Columbia this winter.

You might also want to call Barbara Parrish to find out what kind of details might not have occurred to you, yet. 803-482-4759 (TNT).

b-b00gie

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 16, 2002
Well there's a place opening up in NJ... http://www.xarenasports.com

I read an article in the newspaper about the guy who came with the idea and basically got investers to back him and they're looking to open in the spring.

Maybe you can reach out to him for some advice.

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
Hey been eaves dropping in here have to keep an eye on goober. There are two indoors type facilitys starting this winter around here. I looked into it hard this last winter but the cost of building a site and all the included costs wasn't a good way to go. exsisting bldgs are the only ticket.
You bet on the riding, I raced 30 times a year, was some place every sunday and made the rounds, now I make a 27 mile trip every weekend day to the same place to watch others ride or race, I have raced 5 times in two years. kinda sucks in a way, making your hobby your business.

wardy

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
Thanks wardy,
if you happen to have any information about the ownership or operators of these tracks I would appreciate it. Hope your doing well, get out and ride!

b-b00gie, WOW! :eek: that is going to be something else. People in NJ are going to be impressed.
We are looking at an existing structure, 90,000sf.
Opperation format 5 to 6 days per week.

Last edited:

jdiaz

Oct 30, 2000
Originally posted by CRboy167
Wardy where are the 2 indoor tracks around you??? Im 40 mins north east of your riding area. Thanks
I heard someone (Tuf?) was going to convert the giant pickle factory in Waterman to indoor riding.

Jon

Top Bottom