Kawierider

Jun 7, 2001
yes...you can get the shock recharged with nitrogen....my understanding is that doing this will be like increasing preload on the shock. i am looking in to having this done on my bike and the mechaninc said it would be reasonabley cheap...also look at your spring see if it is the stock spring rate and possibley screw the nut up to increase the preload that will give you less sag and a stiffer suspension ( im pretty sure ). good luck...im trying to get my 85 running right now but im not even sure if its worth the money in parts yet.
Tim

David Trustrum

~SPONSOR~
Jan 25, 2001
Um, well back to std pressure. Probably about 180psi. You have to re-pressurise the shock after changing the oil which is a good idea in itself. Too much pressure in an old style shock may just blow the seals. Better to add preload with a spacer if you need it.

But increasing the preload won’t help if the spring rate is too soft (ie: it’s bottoming).

I wrote a string in this forum some while back. Do a search on “Stiffening springs” using the search tab above & you will find it which may be of help.

Top Bottom