jwwarren0846

Feb 4, 2003
I HAVE A 1990 YZ490 THAT I LOVE I AM LOOKING AT PUTTING IT IN A 1990 YZ250 CHASSIS AS THE YAMAHA FACTORY DID SOME YEARS BACK.ANY ONE KNOW OF SOMEONE ON THE WEST COAST THAT BUILDS CUSTOM PIPES FOR SUCH A SWAP,ALSO ANY PROBLEMS WITH DOING THIS MOD,
ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECIATED

92cr

May 18, 2002
I would think you might be better off buying a 91-93 WR500 and making the 92YZ250 Tank and shrouds fit like MXA did.Mind you I'm no fabricator so stuff like that would scare me.The only thing is with the WR,you get a slacker head angle on the frame so it might not turn as well as a yz250 frame.Also the rear part of the cylinder would have to have the fins machined off to fit the new yz tank on.I imagine if you went that route you could get new triple clamps made up that might improve the steering.I'm pretty sure MXA had Pro-circuit build them a cone pipe.

jwwarren0846

Feb 4, 2003
LUCKILY I AM A FABRICATOR BUY TRADE THE BIKE IS DONE EXCEPT FOR THE PIPE,I USED THE STOCK SEAT&TANK OFF MY 1990 490 ITS NOT THE BEST FOR GETTING UP ON THE FRONT OF THE BIKE BUT IT WAS A BETTER TRADE OFF THAN SHAVING FINS( I.E. COOLING PROBLEMS).THANKS FOR THE INPUT THOUGH

JERRY

Fark

~SPONSOR~
Aug 12, 2002
Are there no hi perf exhaust shops in sunny Kali? All you'd need I'd think is a flange and a silencer. Maybe you can get pre-bent tube somewhere and fab it yourself dude.

Top Bottom