Jamir

I come and go
Aug 7, 2001
Find top dead center by lightly pushing down on the kick start until you feel resistance. let it come back up, pull the comp. release and lightly push it back down until it let the compression out. let it back up and then kick the hell out of it. Repeat until you hear a rumbling noise that sounds like the sweet music of four stroke goodness.

02yz125

Sep 25, 2001
1. Pull choke lever (black)
2. turn on gass
3. turn throttle two full twists and no more.
4. push down kick starter slowly until it starts compression stroke
5. pull decomp lever and move kick starter approx 1/2" and let go of decomp
6. let kick starter return to full up.
7. put hand on master cylinder
8. kick bike with all your might
9. If it doesn't fire, repeat steps 4-9

This is going to work! If you deviate it wont start! Do not twist more that twice or your gonna be in trouble. I weigh only 125lbs and if I can get one started then anyone can. It is all technique. Yamaha's web page has a video on it somewhere that shows you these steps. Have fun. Ps if ya wanna have fun and you know someone that owns a 426, turn their throttle about 6+ times. Sit back and enjoy the show. Its hysterical!

Blue Thunder

~SPONSOR~
Dec 20, 2000
I wouldn't recommend the 2 full twist method unless the BK mod has been done and the AC pump duration has been shortened...2 full twists w/o the BK could mean 4-6 seconds worth of fuel being dumped. With the BK mod set at .5..I give mine 2 full twists and she works great! Good luck...and watch Dubach..he's the man.

slowmo

Jun 28, 2001
As stated before, the "2 twists" concern may depend on the pilot / fuel screw setting. My 426's stock setting was too lean and I needed more than 2 twists to get her fired on cool mornings.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom