Hollywood38

Jan 28, 2008
I'm new to the site..I just bought a 02 yzf426..Looking for an owners manual....thanks in advance..Also where can find a link to checking my valve clearence..

Last edited:

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
Geez. I'm new so struggling to get this posted in a way that will be useful to you.

If you go to "Repairmanual" dot "com" it has one for 28 dollars. Item m491-2. Or Search under yz426f

gracey

Feb 1, 2008
You are welcome. Try a search of your terms on the forum here. However, if you can't find what you need, or if nobody steps forward to help you on the clearances (Big Lou may have what you need), google it. There is some info readily out there which you may find very helpful while you wait for your manual. ;)

Two threads on the forum here which you might find interesting are called "tuning issues need second opinion" and "selecting the proper valve shim". They won't answer your question directly, but depending on your experience level you might find them helpful in a general sort of way.

Hollywood38

Jan 28, 2008
thanks very much..I have going through the posts..I've learned quite a bit about my bike..Hope to be of some help in the future..

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Valve clearance. YZF426
Intake. 0.15 to 0.20mm
Exhaust. 0.25 to 0.30mm

Check valves at top dead center on the compression stroke.

Camshaft cap bolt torque. 5.1 ft lbs. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
Best to use an inch pound torque wrench for this.

Also, be careful not to drop the little half circlip in the camshaft cap down into your bottom end. Use grease on this to keep it in the cap.

Top Bottom