00' rm 250 hot valve in my 01' rm 250=more power!?

motoxxx

Dec 30, 2000
I've heard that if you put a hot valve (exhaust valve) from the 00' rm 250 in the 01' rm 250, you will get more power out of the engine. Is this true? The 01' rm 250 has a dual stage hot valve, and the 00' has a singel stage hot valve. I know Varner motorsports makes a singel stage hot valve for the 01' rm 250. I also know that one of the reson that the 02' rm 250 has more power than the 01' rm 250 is that suzuki switched to a singel stage hot valve for 2002. Will the 02' rm 250 hot valve fit in my 01' rm 250? And if it does..is it a bolt-on job?

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
try POWER VALVE.
Don't know if the '02 fits in the '01 engine. If it does, I think that you might feel a more defined hit (the valve opening more suddenly; all at once), but not much more power. I read a favorable article about a Varner Racing RM with their special "hot valve", but they ported the cylinder and did head mods, so you can't say that it was the valve that made all of the difference.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Even if it does fit, power valves are ussually pretty expensive and you're only attacking part of the problem.

The '01 RM250 responds very well to Eric Gorr's Mo Power Everywhere porting and it won't cost more than a hundred bucks. He opens up the exhaust ports and matches the powervalves for lots more top end. He also machines the base of the cylinder for improved midrange and for a smother transition through the entire power curve. He then machines the head squish band to accomadate for the lowered cylinder and to match the compression to what ever you want.

He did my engine and I am very pleased :)

Vytas

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 31, 2001
Same here. I had EG do the top end of my '01 RM250 and the results were great. The bike's power band was more usable, did not have the usual Suzuki mid range explosive hit. There was plently of power when you needed it. The mod was definately worth every penny. Get this mod done and then jet correctly and your bike will run like never before. Good luck.

Top Bottom