TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
Does anyone know if the front fenders of the new rm will fit on older ones? Also, does the rear fender bolt onto the subframe or is it attached to the seat?

Those new BRIGHT yellow plastics look so cool!!:cool: Im gonna put some on my bike, I know it will require modification, but Im just trying to get an idea of how much I need to do.
Thanks,
Dusty

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
aw comon!!! there are 10k people here! SOME ONE must have a 2001 or a 2002 rm125 or rm250! Comon you know who you are.:ugg:

All I need to know for the moment is: does the rear fender bolt onto the seat? So does the fender come off with the seat? I dont think it does, but I need somebody to help me out here.

Im sick of busting the stupid rear fender on my bike. The 89-92 bikes have sidewalls on the fender and they dont bend at all, they snap. So im gonna put an 02 on it, but it has to bolt onto the subframe. And I cant believe NO ONE has tried to put an 01 front fender on their 89-00.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Actually i fixed the problem, I bolted on a complete 01 RM250 onto my garage where my 92 RM250 was, fits fine! LOL. The front fender I believe is fine to fit either and the rear fender bolts where the seat bolts are and to the back side of the airbox. Go to a local shop and look at all the bolts. I think there are only the four that I mentioned. Or better yet, try my first suggestion, I had to get used to the clean new bike but I got over it.
Elk

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
OMG! are you serious??? They just bolt right on? Man! thats AWESOME. So all I gotta do is bolt em on huh? Wow. Thanks alot! That makes my day.:) :) :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I said the front bolts on, you really need to check the back, I think it bolts in a different place. Don't get over excited, I feel bad when you post next time saying you need to sell your new 01 plastics cause they won't fit! Good luck

TrackMaster

Mar 15, 2001
I checked it out... it looks like the back will bolt right on too.

lol - i guess i did kinda overexcited didnt i?:confused:

I was planning on doing some mods to make them fit anyways, so dont sweat it.:D

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
That's OK, all us Zuki guys get like that! Hope it works for you
Elk

Top Bottom