01 cr250 with bent engine frame member

mole1

Jul 14, 2002
hi
just curious if anyone here has experienced bending thier aluminum frame tube beneath the engine on honda cr's when casing a jump . i have a chance to buy a mint 01 cr250 that was involved in a crash with another bike who's wheel made contact with the lower frame tube on the shifter side and bent it slightly inwards . should i be overly concerned with it and would it be difficult to straighten or pull back out ? otherwise bike is like new . thanks

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
You might check with a good mountain bike shop. I know some of them are great with aluminum frames.

Personally, I would not ride it if it has been bent badly. There are a lot of mint bikes out there. Why take a risk (obvioulsy, if the price is right...)

mole1

Jul 14, 2002
i was hoping i could hook a com-a-long to it and pull it back out , its not bent bad , just pushed inwards a little . would the tube break if i was to try it ?

evenslower

~SPONSOR~
N. Texas SP
Nov 7, 2001
Aluminum does not respond well to being bent/straightened unless you really know what you are doing. There is the definite possilbility of weakening the metal even cracking it. Get some advice from AJ for sure if you can. I feel your pain. Kind of like looking at a stray dog. You just want to give it a home. Good luck.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom