Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
I finally got my hands on an 02 CR 250. First I took it to the test track and did a couple of moto's. At start up the bike loads up a little, but when on the track I did not notice any richness or bad throttle response. The power felt really smooth and tractable. I did not notice the dead spot (flat spot) of all predecessors of the CR 250 that was associated with the power valve opening quickly.

Now back at the shop its onto the dyno after a good wash down and a quick tire swap to the dyno rim (street tire). After a good warm up and a few runs, a good baseline is established. The power curve is really smooth and straight. Gone is the dip of old Cr 250's. The power peaks at 7830RPM with 47.1 HP @ the rear wheel and holds 47.1 until 7940RPM. This in ALL STOCK trim and pump fuel @32:1.

I am working on some better jetting . And then the cylinder and head come off to be spec'd out for porting . Stay tuned . I think this bike has a lot of potential.

cr-man

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 6, 1999
Seat of the pants dyno

My seat of the pants dyno says this bike rips! If I need more power I just give it more throttle the things incredible how you can be a gear high and just grab a handful and it jumps on the pipe! I'm like you Pete and that the jetting is rich to 1/3 throttle I'm waiting for needles to come in at my dealer I did put a 30 pilot in and it seemed to help. Pete have you done any jetting at all? Do you think the slide is a little rich? Thanks, Joe

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
CrMAn,
I am also waiting for the needles to come in. Today I am taking the bike all down. I will see if the Yam emulsion tube will fit and what one honda has in there. (honda does not offer an optional emulsion tube) .This thing needs a little jetting help.

Pete Payne

MX-Tech Suspension Agent
Nov 3, 2000
OK-- It is all apart. The cylinder looks like a big 125. It has the same powervalve( but is controled electronicaly, you know) and a bridged exhaust port. The port timing is very agressive.

ride_red_15

Uhhh...
Oct 14, 2001
yeah its a tad small but great staff and if they dont ave it in they can get it very quickly. its run by Mark Spence...dont know if youve heard of him but he was a national enduro champ a couple times, he gives great deals on bikes. we got our 01xr400 for i think 5200 and the 02cr250 foraround $400 off

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

FRESH VIDEO

Top Bottom