chevytough

Aug 30, 2005
i ran water mixed with coolant on accident and it started to smoke and flow out of the over fill hose. so i emptied it out an now im running strait coolant and it still has a burning smell when it fires up is there something wrong with the radiator and sometimes the green coolant drips out of the over fill but its not full.

B

biglou

Thumpers run hot. Run 50/50 water and coolant. Straight coolant doesn't conduct the heat away as efficiently as a 50/50 mix. The burning smell could just be the pipe baking off whatever's on it. Also, don't idle it on a stand for more than a minute or so. Beyond that it will start to overheat and vent coolant out the overflow. A few drops here and there is normal, especially if you stop after riding aggressively.

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
not a clue there with the tranny..... not into trannies myself
but yea if its boiling over then the cap will help since it will keep the coolant in the bike versus the stocker which has a weaker spring.
also you might try, i think its called "cool blue" coolant. My buddy had used it on his 2003 crf 450r and it dropped the temp by about ten degrees. also use distilled water
"available at the grocery store for 68c per gallon" when you mix your coolant

Top Bottom