03 04 kx plug fouling

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
anyone else out there who is also having problems with their 2003-2004, all they do is foul plugs. i have had mine rejetted 5 times,mixing good oil (silkolen pro sx) at 32:1 also tried 40:1, tried runing iridium plugs hot, cold u name it. all it does is just chews through plugs and it is getin worse and worse. it starts off as if it is running with the choke on then it will sneeze and crap on and then die, as soon as u put a new plug in it will go fine again. once it was doing it i tried pulling the choke on the see wat diff it would make and it made none so i put it down (off) and it cleared itself, yet other times it doesnt always do this. any ideas? all bike mechs have looked at it and they dont have a clue cos it goes when they put a plug in it so they send it home but it keeps happening. why?

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
This will probably get moved to the general maintenace forum. Barring another problem masking the diagnosis (blown crank seal perhaps) it sounds like it's horribly rich. What jetting specs are you running now?

tristan18au

Jun 3, 2001
162 main, 52 pilot. 1st clip pos on stock eedle. plug chops have been done and looks to be jetted correctly

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
tristan im very confused now-the jetting you speak of is a Kehin carb not the mikuni they come with?does the 250 come with a Kehin unliek the 125?

guts

Sep 14, 2003
Hi, i haveing same problems with 03 kx 250 i go threw a plug about once a month not bad but was worse till i thought about what was happening, so heres what i do, when first cranking for after sitting a week or 2, i pull choke up and keep my fingers there so just a soon as its running i push coke back down then i dont let it idle long, just long anough to where it will take full throtle, from time i take off in 1st i stay on it threw 3rd then by then its all cleared, im going one day and buy smaller pilot jet,only thing i can think of, its not running on main it is in a way but its not, so if i where i try diffrent pilot jets, just tad smaller or about 1/4 turn on the air screw out maybe half, give that a try see if it helps, good luck.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…