yzf_phil

Jul 14, 2002
I have added a Boyesen Rad Valve 3 to my 03 CR250. What are people running with the bike/Rad valve setup? I am running a twin-air air filter with no-toil, no other engine modifications. I use Mobil 91 octane with Motul 800 mixed at 40:1.

The jetting prior to the Rad 3 was:
Slow jet: #30
Main jet: #410
Needle: 6BHY38-73, 2ed position
Air screw: 2.5 turns
The bike ran good with a small amount of spooge out the silencer.

The Instructions with the Rad 3 stated that the main jet should be dropped by 2 sizes. The jetting is now:
Slow jet: #32.5
Main jet: #390
Needle: 6BHY38-73, 2ed position
Air screw: 1.5 turns
The bike ran good, and the sparkplug was a light tan. No spooge was coming out and almost no smoke out the pipe. I thought maybe that it was slightly lean, so I moved the clip to the third position; the motor did not run as good, so I moved it back to the second position. When I state “not so good” Im talking about 1/3 to ¾ throttle. The weather:
Temp: 90F
Altitude: 1000 Ft
Humidity: 28%

The tracks I ride vary in altitude from 600 Ft to 3500 Ft and the temps very from 65F (winter) to 100 F (summer). So far, I am pleased with the setup but I’m wondering what other people are running with this setup? I have looked through the archives and have found some info but its 5 months old, any new info on the subject?

Thanks in advance
Phil

Top Bottom