MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I bought my son an '03 Honda CR250. He's coming off of a YZ250F, and really liked the YZ suspension, but is less than thrilled about the CR suspension, especially the shock. There seems to be very little rebound (at least low speed). We likes a pretty high level of rebound, but we can't get there with the stock settings.

The type of riding he does is about 30% motocross and 70% trail. He's a pretty good smooth rider (at least relative to my skill anyway), and weighs about 170 lbs at 6' 1". We got the CR because it was severely marked down, handles well, is very light, and actually he prefers a milder engine.

I'm going to try just changing out the oil next week or so, but really think this shock is a candidate for a revalve.

Any suggestions would really be appreciated, especially toward getting the shock more "YZ like".

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
For dual duty the 03 setup was like less High speed compression and a few more on the LS rebound stack and stock spring. HSC 1.5 turns out LSC 10 or 12 clicks out and rebound is like 10 out . I know people thaty were running the rebound adj turned all the way in but they were usually slower MXers.I dont know what others are trying but It works pretty good all around and this is what Ive seen from a few other big name, big money tuner shops.

Top Bottom