03 CR85 and CR85 Exp internal gear ratios, are they different????

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
:cool: The stock gearing for the 03 CR85 is 15/50, the Exp is 15/56. I know the wheels are diff between the two and the larger wheels require the larger rear sprocket, but are the trans gears also diff? Reason being, I am working on an Exp model for a friend. It has the smaller wheels, longer swing arm,(this shouldn't matter, just for wheel base) and the stock 85 gearing 15/50. The clutch plates are smoked bad, outer basket is grooved bad, inner and drive plate look worn also. I am replacing the whole deal but I have a concern that maybe the Exp model has diff gear ratio's so he is stabbing the clutch all the time to keep it in upper revs. Anyone shed some light on the internal gear ratio's? I could have sworn I read somewhere that 3rd gear was diff, but I can't bet a million $$$ on it. Any post back would be appreciated, thanks-

03YZ85Rider

Aug 8, 2003
I would look at an online microfiche to see if the gears themselves are different part numbers between the two bikes. Or call a Honda dealer and they should be able to tell you.

Jman271

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
:) That was the next step, but it was late Sat night when I posted, all dealers closed up here,,,,,I will try to call around today---

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…