2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Hey, hey. First time on this sight, very cool!
Thru the years I have owned all brands of Japanese bikes. But found a home with Suzuki...just love the way they handle! Thought I'd let some of you know my experience with motor mods. only, since suspension is a personal preference. Don't race much anymore, but my old crusty enduro buddies and I still get together to find the tightest, ugliest woods riding we can. After playing with the powervalve adjuster and adding flywheel to my RM, the "hit" was still too much. Varner Motorsports knows what they're talking about. They told me that even the Suzuki GNCC hot dogs have to have the power broadened out. With their cylinder, head work the V-Force reed valve...she's a whole different animal. (Varner does Suzuki GNCC's work.) I also added Yamaha's YZ250 reed spacer. (bolts right on and does more to lengthen the power.) Now, in situations where I need to ride a gear high, it lugs right along with great torque. And a downshift or slip of the clutch brings on the all-mighty roost...when needed. No loss of power at all, maybe even MORE...just WAY more friendly!! Oh, let's not forget the FMF "Q" muffler...if we don't quiet 'em down we'll be walking...

Last edited:

2000FLSTF

May 20, 2003
2-Strokes 4-ever said:
Hey, hey. First time on this sight, very cool!
Thru the years I have owned all brands of Japanese bikes. But found a home with Suzuki...just love the way they handle! Thought I'd let some of you know my experience with motor mods. only, since suspension is a personal preference. Don't race much anymore, but my old crusty enduro buddies and I still get together to find the tightest, ugliest woods riding we can. After playing with the powervalve adjuster and adding flywheel to my RM, the "hit" was still too much. Varner Motorsports knows what they're talking about. They told me that even the Suzuki GNCC hot dogs have to have the power broadened out. With their cylinder, head work the V-Force reed valve...she's a whole different animal. (Varner does Suzuki GNCC's work.) I also added Yamaha's YZ250 reed spacer. (bolts right on and does more to lengthen the power.) Now, in situations where I need to ride a gear high, it lugs right along with great torque. And a downshift or slip of the clutch brings on the all-mighty roost...when needed. No loss of power at all, maybe even MORE...just WAY more friendly!! Oh, let's not forget the FMF "Q" muffler...if we don't quiet 'em down we'll be walking...

Any idea what your jetting specs are?......I have an '02 and can't seem to quite jet out the spooge. Currently, I'm 165main 45slow and 2nd clip position.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Guys,
The '02 is a totally different cylinder, try FMF's site for jetting specs...I wouldn't know how to guess.
The FMF Q is a little quieter and a spark arrester. It may have taken a little top end away, but it's hard to tell. I had an FMF Gnarly pipe, but it made the bike ping. Most aftermarket pipes increse compression. I've heard from more than one source to keep the stock pipe, it runs best that way...and it does. Enjoy!

harley_muddy

Sep 23, 2004
The reed spacer--Yamaha parts has a reed spacer that fits inside the cage and a 5mm plate that spaces the cage out from the cylinder.Which did you use?

Thanks
h_m

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
The 5mm one. Get 5mm longer bolts too. You WILL feel a diference.

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
2000FLSTF said:
Any idea what your jetting specs are?......I have an '02 and can't seem to quite jet out the spooge. Currently, I'm 165main 45slow and 2nd clip position.

I have an 01 and I haven't been able to eliminate my spooge problems either.

Top Bottom