03 YZ 85 Jetting

cconner100

Oct 27, 2002
This thing is driving me crazy! I tried to lean this bike out but it is still too rich. I have gone down 2 sizes on the main and 2 sizes on the pilot jet. Is this normal? To get a resonable response from the throttle i have the air screw set to only 1/4 but all the way in gives me a better resoponse.

I am at sea level. I just dont want to fry this engine so any input will help

dbrace

Oct 30, 2002
air screw all the way in tells u the pilot is too lean. put jetting back to stock and try working with the needle clip position it has a HUGE effect. your manual is also worth reading!!!!!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
Moved to Mini Forum

RanMan

May 22, 2002
I've also had trouble getting my son's YZ lean enough to get rid of sputtering off throttle. I have went down one size on pilot, one on main, one leaner needle, and one hotter plug. Seemes to run good for a while, but having jetting inconsistencies. I read on here that it could be the stock reeds, so I'm picking up new CarbonTech LT reeds today after work and gonna install tomorrow. I will post results. Also, been running premium pump 93, found one station with 100 pump. Gonna give that a shot too.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I installed FMF torque reeds on my son's 2002. We have only been out once since but it seems to have helped.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…