250FRider

Jan 24, 2003
whyz: The Yamaha rep for our area, Terry Williams, also told me that the only bikes having the problem are in the Pacific NW. I tried to tell him that people all over the US are complaining about the problem and that there is proof of that on Thumpertalk. Well, then we got into a big discussion about the credibility of online forums. I couldn't get the guy to accept the fact that this is indeed a widespread problem.

Don't give up on your 250F's yet. The Vortex ignition is well worth the money and it actually fixes the problem, unlike what Yamaha is doing. My dealer sold it to me at their cost and it came out to $317 and change w/tax. The list price is $399.95. My suggestion is to go to your dealer and tell them that if Yamaha isn't going to fix your bike than you want a Vortex for dealer cost ($292 before tax). I know it sucks spending that kind of money on a brand new bike, but right now it seems like the only fix.

Joe

Coop37

Oct 4, 2000
I rejetted our first wr250 today, on the exhaust gas analyzer it goes way lean at 1/8 to 3/8 throtle, also found float height 2 mm too lean? set to 8mm
set on ega, at 6% co. test ran, seemed boggy on 1/8 throtle to 3/8, but not as bad as stock setting, changed needle to 1 step richer that stock, #4 clip.
Tested, and seemed ok. elev. 4500ft, air temp 55 degrees,
could maybe even go one richer on the needle?

Bazooka Joe

Registered
Apr 4, 2002
Make that four people with a 03 250F. I haven't noticed the stutter, but a buddy commented on it. I guess I've been two-strokes for so long it sounds normal. I have not yet called Yamaha on the issue because my dealer is holding the warranty card until spring riding starts. Hopefully, Yamaha will admit fault by then, and if not, I'll be on them.

Keep us posted how you like the Vortex. Over on TT, it seems like the Vortex is worth the money.

326mx

Mar 25, 2002
But compare the numbers to the amounts of bikes sold. If mine has the miss I think I will just sell my go-ped and buy a Vortex.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
it has nothing to do with being from the NW people all over this country have had this problem even people from other countries.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
its funny that yamaha arent paying attention to these problems peolpe are reporting, i am sure any of these claims lawyers will use all of these reports against yamaha if someone has an accident.

whyz

~SPONSOR~
Nov 18, 2001
I really like this bike. Since I got it back from the dealer I've been riding everyday.This past Sunday was a blast. I like it. It has very good low end power and the mid range is a blast.. It's very manageable and very predictable into how it tracks cause I can feel everything going on with the bike and what it wants (or needs to do)..I can also jump alot better on it too..
Very tractable and I'm very impressed. I think I made a good buy,just alittle disappointed,that's all.
with the help that we tried to get and didn't get any.
Our 125 and 80 ruts are turning into Thumper Ruts :laugh:
I'll be riding everyday as usual at my place,, I got a small track outside.
Use to have a horse,But he had to move..
My wife wants me to mow the grass,
So I think I'll jump on my bike and Mow the Grass! .. :yeehaw:
She didn't say how. :confused:
Later

Top Bottom