ktmdad

Feb 29, 2000
For more low end, 1st try a shorter silencer/spark arrestor. Also a reed block spacer will help in the low end department. Carbon Fiber works has skid plates for the 65's, but I'm not sure how big they are. Someone said Moose was to be offering a mini aluminum skid plate as well.

My son raced his KTM 65 in a couple of GNCC's. It was still setup for mod class mx. Cylinder was ported for more mid to top. It worked surprisingly well, considering. We were using a Doma pipe with stock silencer.

Cycra has the pro bend hand guards available for the mini's. A good investment for hand protection.

AMinkman

Nov 17, 1999
TAG has a glide plate for the 65. Kawasaki offers a optional pipe, part#
18120-1119, that they claim is a low end power pipe. It has a longer head pipe and center section. If you try it, I would be interested in knowing how it works.

dog2

Sep 26, 2002
I installed the FMF Fatty pipe and Turbine Core II spark arrestor/silencer combo. This smoothed out the power delivery and seemed to give it more low end. It works better for trails and more technical riding but it still has plenty of power for intermediate motocross. It does not have more power than stock, but I think the power is more useable. Unfortunately there is no substitute for displacement when trying to get more torque. I have also heard of people getting good results with Eric Gore's porting on the 65's for more torque and controlled power, but haven't tried porting personally.

Top Bottom