NicoleB

Nov 9, 2004
Just got my new Gas Gas 250 DE and it is killer. The last enduro bike I had was an 01 GG 250 and since then I have only been doing trials. The new 05 shifts so smooth unlike the older ones and the new forks and suspension are really smooth stock. It also turns great! Anyone looking for a new bike I recommend considering this bike.

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I agree, I bought an '04(last month) but have ridden the '05. The suspension is fantastic... no need to revalve! The '05 turns more like my '01(sharper) which is better than my '04.

Enjoy! :cool:

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
What's the '05 motor like compared to the older ones, say an '03? I've heard they increased the "top end power", but hope it wasn't at the expense of bottom end. I like the bottom and mid on my '03, but it has zero top end.. That said, given the choice of one or the other, I'd take the bottom/mid over top end power anyday...though a little more top wouldn't hurt ;)

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I can only compare the motor to my old '01 250. I've been riding 300's since then but I've become very lazy with clutch control so I went back to the 250. The 300 has enough torque to lug me around with little need for clutch control! I use the GG for my back up enduro bike and ride VOR as my primary which is another reason for the 250... another torque bike where little attention is needed regarding clutch control.

The frame geometry was the same for '03/'04 and '05 went back to a more stable ''01-' 02 quicker handling chassis. The biggest improvement was dumping the WP's and going with 'Zoke Shivers...WOW, what an improvement!!! The WP's were my only bitch about the previous Gassers. The other huge improvement for the '05's are the graphics, very sharp looking. Frankly, I should have gotten the '05 for the chassis/graphics changes... SHARP!

Don't resist... go buy a new Gasser! :yeehaw:

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Glad to hear you like the Shivers....that was my other big concern. I'm on Ohlins now and REALLY like them. I hadn't heard too much about the Zokes.

So the '05 250 is still pretty torquey? Not too much of a top end type power?

I agree, the new look is WAY sharp!

NicoleB

Nov 9, 2004
My husband has an 03 GG 250 with the EC flywheel and Ohlins Forks. I have the 05. He wants and 05. The 03 with the bigger flywheel has just a tiny bit more bottom pull over the 05 but the motor feels much better on the 05 to us. I don't want the heavy flywheel myself but I only weigh 125. The Fork on the 05 is noticably better then even the Olins. At least to me and my husband.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Thanks Nicole! I like and need the big flywheel for the terrain we have. The "trials like" torque and smooth delivery is necessary, but we don't have DE versions, so they're all ECs

xsquiggy

Jan 6, 2002
I know nothing about gasgas mc's, but I noticed the enduro models have blinkers. Do they have brake lights, hi/lo beam headlamps, speedodometers? Is it easy to get one street legal?

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Actually the bikes that come into Canada, and I believe the US too, don't have the blinkers attached or included. You can however order them through your GasGas dealer. I know in Canada, they come with speedo, high/low beam, brake lights and switches, as well as all the wiring and bar switches. We just buy the blinkers, bolt them on and your pretty much in business! You are supposed to have a battery to operate the lights with the engine shut off, but you can just wire one temporarily, long enough to pass Motor Vehicle Inspection, then removed it again.

Regulations in each State in the US are diffferent though, so I'd check into it first to be sure.

JTT

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 2000
Then your even farther ahead of the game! Actually, the way the law reads here, if the bike didn't come with turn signals then they don't need them. However, being pulled over daily becomes too big a hassle, so better to have them installed and save the "checks"

Top Bottom