ernestoC

Jul 10, 2005
Okay so my friend got his KX125 last week and broke it in and all that. Took it in to the dealership for the initial service. He got it back and decided to ride it yesterday in front of his yard and it turns on but after letting it worm up he put it in gear and then had symtums of no gas. So we cheak the fuletap, on, cheak the gas tank plenty of fule. So we did the whole turn on and die thing a coupel of more times. It was'nt the plug, but it was black and a bit moist. It turns out that the dealer did nothing to it. We replaced the littel oil it had (150ml) black. After we changed the tranny oil, it fired up and revved smoothly.My question is, is it bad to any parts to have the engine in nuetral revving it w/ littel oil?

Sorry for long post. One more thing his silencer drips alot of oil. It has factory jeting (we are up 4500ft.) do we need to re-jet ( he does not race or ride to hard) or can he just mix the gas to 40:1 instead of his current 32:1. Plug reads as above. but run's fine. Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help :)

SirHilton17

Aug 6, 2005
naw going to 40:1 isnt really gonna help anything...... rejet the carb
On my bike 04 KX 125 (basicly same bike) i have a 400 main jet, 30 piolet jet, 1st clip pos on the needle air screw 2.5 turns out maxima fourmula K2 @ 28:1

It runs smooth never any spooge Really good throttle response

No it probly wont hurt any thing with having low oil because there is not many forces on the parts when its in neutral

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I run similar spec's but I have a #35 pilot clip #2position with a #400 main air screw at 1.5 turns out mixed maxima 927 at 40:1 I know it never fouls out cause the plug in my '04 has easy 65 hours on it now.

Top Bottom