offroadeast

May 13, 2006
Hey Everyone,

I was getting ready to put my 06 YZ125 away for the winter when I kicked it over and there was no compression. The only mods to the bike are a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer, V-Force reed and the head has been machined for race fuel(Klotz 108 octane mixed 40:1 with Klotz pre-mix). I ripped it down to find that the ring has seized in the groove on the exhaust side. The piston looked okay on top (blackish brown) and there are no abnormal marks on the cylinder wall. I have run this same set-up in my past three bikes with no problem. There is approx. 20 hours total on the engine(10h on a fresh top end).

I am at a loss. Any help????

raazzorron

Nov 27, 2006
ring seizure

same thing happened to me , started using high dollor 2 cycle oil 100% synthetic no more problems with ring seizure, also I noticed the pin that keeps the ring from spinning was wore down so the ring would spin around on piston. hope this helps any. :cool:

rosscopeeko

Feb 25, 2005
i've been doing a lot of reading on my new yamaha outboard 2 stroke and yamaha recommends a product called "Yamaha ring free" to prevent this, or so they say. They claim that carbon will accumulate and eventually fuse the ring to the piston. I'm not sure if mx 2 strokes are similar to outboards, but i've now thought of running a little in my cr.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom