08 RM250 Mod - SPAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTDirt

Jan 27, 2009
I've modified my RM250, and I'm wondering if anyone thinks I'm going in the right direction, or if they have seen better results. I only used one modification, other than that it's stock. I'm at 4800 ft elevation, so may not have as much HP as sea level riders.

Last edited by a moderator:

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Pretty impressive gains! I'll bet it really feels alot stronger.

It looks like the hp numbers have been corrected for your atmospheric conditions.

What work did you have done?

MTDirt

Jan 27, 2009
Yeah it'll rip your arms out if your not careful. I can pull wheelies through the first four gears at quarter throttle, effortlessly!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
dirtbikerider123 said:
your taking power from the bottom and putting it on the top, sweet! thats what i would do.

Looks to me like he is not taking power from anywhere. It is stronger as soon as it is is able to pull the dyno load, and the mod motor pulls the dyno 500 rpm earlier.

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
glad2ride said:
Hi. How did you get only 37 HP from a 2008 RM250??
keep in mind that that is wheel power and not crank power.

And good question Indy. Do elaborate MTDirt.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Must be the purple powerband. Or one of those really rare mo-power valves.

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
If you really need to ask us here "if anyone thinks I'm going in the right direction," I think you better stop now, before you do any damage, or hurt anyone.

I you do not know what your goals are, why would you bother to change anything? Trying to create a mystery, I suppose. :( :fft:

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
No.. he sent me a PM lastnight... with a link to his website where he details his patented modification...

I call BS, but I'm no engineer.

He said in the PM that he didn't want to be accused of spamming, which is why he didn't want to go into detail. Whatever. seemed spammy to me anyway, after I knew what was what.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
With the supplied info it's really hard to say if he's goin in the right direction. There's a ton of factors other than HP in an mx bike. As far as the dyno goes it's certainly stronger.

MTDirt

Jan 27, 2009
Call BS?

How can u call BS Indy? I didn't want to come off as "spammy," sorry for that. I've put that part in 10 bikes and 6 snowmobiles, every one of them has seen increases in power like this RM250.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
MTDirt said:
How can u call BS Indy? I didn't want to come off as "spammy," sorry for that. I've put that part in 10 bikes and 6 snowmobiles, every one of them has seen increases in power like this RM250.

Just my opinion, don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm not going on TV tonight to speak against your idea. Something about it just doesn't really click for me. I trust my BS detector, it's not let me down in the past, and it went off loud & clear when I looked at your site lastnight.

Kinda the same way it went off when I read another site about a product you could use in your car to get 300 miles to the gallon, and all it turned out to be was a water injector & magnets on the fuel lines.

If you'd like to explain exactly how and why you think this idea causes the increase in performance you claim, I'm sure there are brighter minds here that mine that would be willing to listen.

However, just coming in with a dyno run and saying you did nothing else to the bike besides modifying the crank, well, that just doesn't sit right with me. (not that anyone gives a damn).

For all I know, you might have also did some work on the ports and whatnot to achieve the performance gains.

It also bugs the crap outta me when someone claims to have a patent on something, and a patent search turns up nothing.

Last edited:

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
IndyMX said:
No.. he sent me a PM lastnight... with a link to his website where he details his patented modification...

I call BS, but I'm no engineer.

I went to his website and saw that he "invented" something people (Eric and I for instance) have done for at least 30 years, and likely long before that.

Oddly enough, I have the link to an actual ISSUED US PATENT from the work that Eric Gorr started on 30 years, and I got the chance to help him develop. Having done an enormous amount of work on this device I'm not buying the hp claims that are posted, but in his defense I NEVER believe dyno charts posted by people trying to sell something, even when they are trying to be subtle about it. ;)

For something real check out :

United States Patent 4,261,306 - Gorr April 14, 1981

Method and apparatus for improving performance of two-cycle gasoline engine

Abstract
The rotating combustible mixture in the crankcase of a two-cycle gasoline engine is scooped into the transfer duct leading to the cylinder by a plurality of vanes extending over the crankcase flywheel and in close juxtaposition thereto.

Here's the link -

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=9&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=%22gorr%22.INNM.&OS=IN/"gorr"&RS=IN/"gorr"

Last edited:

SpDyKen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 27, 2005
Simple equation, really:

DRN join date Jan. 2009 + "amazing (secret) performance increase" = SPAM!!!

Or at least zero credibility, IMHO, (and most likely to others here on this board.) :rotfl:

MTDirt

Jan 27, 2009
I cannot post my patent number as advised by my attorney, Richard Conover 406-587-4240. Because my patent is not yet published, i.e., I am still in pat pend. stage, I cannot release that info. As far as the patent that Rich Rorich referred to, Sorry, wrong patent. Eric attached vanes to the transfer port, we machine veins into the crankshaft itself. Then true and balance it. As of this post I will request dirtrider.net to to remove this thread, because I don't want to illegally advertise.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago

You've used up all the politeness I have soooo....

This thread isn't going ANYWHERE. You started it, and if you want to come out here and try to blow smoke with your thinly disguised SPAM, then you get to endure the slings and arrows of people who think you are f.o.s. and want to voice that opinion.

Isn't democracy a wonderful thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…