14 bucks for two sets of 250 rings?

ps2112

Jan 27, 2003
I'm thinking of re-ringing my '99 kx 250 and came across this on e-bay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403707923&category=34284
14 bucks for 2 sets of rings. What do you think? Sure beats the heck outta 30 bucks for a factory pair

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Thats cheap, and good for you. EBAY has some excellent deals from dealers or individuals involved in liquidating old stock. However you should be carefull, everyday I get on the phone who bought cylinders from EBAY only to find out that they need to be replated, when they were originally advertised as good condition. And you don't have any recourse other than to post nasty remarks about the person. One of my best friends runs a motorcycle business off of EBAY and he's got some real horror stories. But I think that overall its a good thing for the motorcycle industry.
Hope those rings are new, not used.
Good luck

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
eric, i checked them out also, it seems they have a supply of brand new rings...they are apparently a generic brand of rings made in germany that fit all jap 250's with 66.40mm pistons.

i did view other items, they are selling generic rings that fit all late 125 and are also selling new piston kits for YZ125 and CR125's for around $40
i wonder if they fit the wiseco also? unfortunatley only one way to find out!

i might even have a look at them, i have new wiseco and vertex pistons sat at home right now. i could probably tell if they fit what pistons but the problem is i dont have the technical expertise to know if they are any good or not!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ok, i cant let this one go. they have a website

http://www.matriximports.com/

seems like they are designing and manufacturing pistons and also making/selling bearings and con rods.

i wonder if we have a new aftermarket manf. on the block, i wonder if any of the DRN engine builders would be interested in taking a look into these parts?

EricGorr

Super Power AssClown
Aug 24, 2000
Hi Bruce, I'll have to check out that site. RIKEN of Taiwan makes all the rings for Wiseco and ART, the OEM piston vendor. I doubt if they will fit Wiseco pistons because OEM rings don't interchange.
Theres a lot to the design of a ring, tangental force (tension) material and coatings. Perhaps Matrix Imports is a distributor that re-packages parts.
But then again I don't know what I'm talking about, I'll call someone in Corona for the correct answer :silly:

I just checked out the site, they're in Schaumburg Illinois, thats where my parents live. I'll give these guys a call and get back to you guys with more info.

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom