Tiny-Pinky

Nov 12, 2004
This post has several questions to it........please bear with me.
1) My manual says the gas/oil ratio should be 20:1. Is this etched in stone?
2) If I replace the reed valve on this bike, will I need to mess with the carb?
3) In a recent attempt to start my bike, the kickstarter broke off. :bang: I read an article that suggests I could replace it with an '89 KX kickstarter is this true? If not, is there another alternative?
Thanks!!

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
1) No. 32:1 should be fine, though there are probably some people who will run up to 50:1 with no issues.

2) I would not replace the entire reed valve unless it is broken. But if your reeds are worn (warped or chipped), you should replace the reeds only. Some aftermarket reed makers such as Boyesen may recommend leaner jetting, but take their recommendations with a grain of salt. Kawasaki has a well deserved reputation for bad stock jetting (usually way too rich). There is no substitute for fine tuning your own bike for the available fuel and oil.

3) Don't know for sure, but it would not surprise me if there are many KDX175, KX125 and KDX200's that have interchangeable kickstarters. YOu can examine microfiche and part #'s at www.buykawasaki.com

Tiny-Pinky

Nov 12, 2004
DB Dave.............I thought my bike was running a little rich. As far as the reed valve advise: "If it ain't broke don't fix it!" sounds pretty good to me.........thanks!
KawiKDX250........I missed that auction but I've got my eyes on another one........thanks!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom