May 22, 2007
I have a 1985 CR250 that I have had ALOT of work done too and I am still having problems.I have had it rebuilt,And this was about 2 months ago and when I got it back I had starting problems,And it would take forever to start and when it did start when I get it going when I give it alot of gas it like boggs down and wants to cut off unless I let off the gas.Then I had a waterpump problem and got that fixed and I got it back today and did what the guy said,I put the choke on,Gas on,Gave it no throttle and gave it 4 full kicks and it started fine.But after less than a miniute it just cut off,And I have been trying to start it ever since.Please help,I think it may be a carb prob,But I'm not positive.PLEASE let someone help me I have spent alot of money on it.

B

biglou

It wouldn't hurt. And it's free! :) Clean it up first and see how it does. Maybe check the jet sizes while you're in there and see if they're the stock sizes or not. But yeah, a gummy or dirty carb will cause all kinds of hard to pin down issues. Clean the passages, and drop the float bowl and clean the needle and seat. If you're not familiar with what that is, you'll know it when you see it. Also check the holes through your jets for clogs.

May 22, 2007
I think it may just need a good cleaning,Atleast thats what I'm hoping for.I don't think it has been cleaning in alonggg time.The guy who had it before me,Did nothing to the engine and barely ever cleaned the air filter or anything.So my guess is he probably never cleaned the carb either.

Top Bottom