three2beat

Jan 1, 2004
Recently bought a kawasaki kx 80. The bike is great on the straight aways, but it seems to bog out on the up hills. Is there anything I can do to improve on the bottom end power band?? Please help. . .any information would be greatly appreciated.

Chili

Lifetime Sponsor - Photog Moderator
Apr 9, 2002
These bikes are not made to be lugged up the hills like a 4 stroke. The key to hill climbing on a 2 stroke 80 is keeping your speed and revs up, as soon as revs start to drop shift it down. As far as changes I'd be hesitant to spend a few hundred on a pipe for a bike that was almost 20 years old. Check the gearing and do the opposite of kcthekilla's suggestion, if your looking for bottom end you want to add teeth to the rear sprocket, this change will cost you some top end though.

Red Rider 53

~SPONSOR~
Jan 16, 2003
This will solve your problem! I have one on my CR80 and it is truely awesome! These things are made out of titanium alloy and they last forever. Ohh yea, I forgot to tell you what the are, they're sprockets. From patriotsprockets.com. Bump up your rear sprocket about two or three teeth and I will be like a whole new bike. You'll get out of turns faster, get up hills easier, the only thing is your top speed won't be as high. But that doesn't matter much when your dirt riding. These sprockets are top of the line! If you do call patriot sprockets please tell them that D.J. recommended them to you!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom