BugZ4Twenty

Jun 2, 2009
I purchased this 1985 yz80 for 8.00 from a friend who wanted to get rid of it from sitting in his shed. It needs alot of work to say the least, the picture im posting of it is a pic without the plastics and with out the clutch cover on cuz i had stripped it to look at the motor and such, and for fun :bang: it doesnt have a front brake lever, needs a front wheel bearing or something because wheel is loose on axel and moves from side to side,any help? also the rear brake doesnt work, doesnt have chain, doesnt have magneeto cover, all the bolts were stripped so had to be broken/drilled out, a few were good and are still being used, the plastics are all worn and cracked, need new grips, etc.. new back tire and or tube, whoops i said that backwards, a heck of a project im trying to build this bike before the 26th so i can give it to my gf to be able to ride around and learn and such without crashing mine all up,also doesnt have kick stand,clutch hits and arm needs to be moved over chain snapped and broke case around it, but the main reason why im hear today is because the engine seems to have alright compression the piston seems to be fine and moves correctly,clutch is good, gears good, doesnt have a kick start so it cant be started cuz it cant be bumped cuz it doesnt have a chain. I went to put gas in it to see if i could spin the magneeto by hand and start it, dont know if id get shocked or if itd even work. but when i poured gas into the tank it all rann down to the carb and through it out a little small golden tit on the bottom right side of it, i mean all the gas leaked out this tit mainly, and looked like other places might have leaks too but this is the most, it shouldnt do that, if you look at the pic im bout to post you will notice the gas pouring out of the tit im talkin about, can anyone tell by the pics if my carb is set up correctly, gas lines, run off lines, etc.. or does anyones have any idea what the problem may be and why this is happening, also missing one of the four bolts connecting carb to motor may cause vACUM LEAK, but still doesnt explain why all gas runs out/leaks out the carb, any help will be greatly appreciated sorry about the long post, but i wanted wanted to give you eevry detail, also missin back chain tension adjuster on left wheel, please any ideas on the carb problem will be greatly appreciated..bug-z :bang:

omg i just wrote all this and i cant put the pics i waited 3 hours to upload on nphotobucket on hear WTF!!!!!!

BugZ4Twenty

Jun 2, 2009
i posted a pic of my carb leaking the gas out of the bottom right tit on the carb, any suggestions, any help, look at the pic in my gallery, it leaks the whole tank, its crazy??

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
I had the same problem with the rm250 its the needle vavle inside of the carb there should be a flapper that goes up and down spray some carb cleaner in there.I had a little grain of dirt on the needle i toke it out to see if it was still pointing because if its doll it will drain gas or it mite not get gas to the floats.

Top Bottom