Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
I am getting a good running 1989 CR125 tomorrow (yeah I know, another bike :whoa: ). It seems to be in great shape, and a steal for the price, which no... it wasn't stolen he has the title :nod: .

I just can't stand the forks on it, its one of those old style forks that I am sure the old geezers on here use to used to race with back in the day.

I like the normal looking, inverted forks. Are there any swaps? Years that will fit? Will I need new triple clamps?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
You will have to check the honda breakdown on the years, but like 90,91,92 they changed the front wheels. So get a complete front end - clamps, brake caliper, wheel, forks.

I would not even worry about an older setup. just look on ebay for a set of late model CRF forks with clamps, get a wheel and brake caliper and make it fit.

you will have to swap clamps to swap forks to inverted.

Brandon H.

Mar 26, 2009
Yeah I pretty much figured the clamps would have to be changed. I just didn't know if I swapped a whole front end if it would fit, last thing I want to do is buy a whole front end and have it not fit.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
check the steering stem part numbers with honda. see what years swap. Otherwise it may take the new clamps with the stock stem pressed in them. Again, check the fische. You will also want to make sure the bearings are the same.

Top Bottom