pgonza

Jan 30, 2005
Someone please help. I've got a 1989 KDX200 that I recently picked up. It was laying around for the longest time but I got it running with difficulty. The problem that I have is that the hoses on the carb just fell apart (not from the fuel tank). Looking at the choke it looks to me to be an injector type primer. It obviously must be getting fuel from the bowl somehow to PRIME the engine for starting. I do not have and cannot find a photo or diagram showing how the hoses are routed. Does anyone out there have a picture or diagram? Please help.
Thanks!
Pete

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Check buykawaski.com you may be able to tell from the parts diagram. The hoses are for venting the carb and as mentioned moving fuel away from the hot engine in the event the bike is tipped.

No its not a primer type choke just put it in the raised possition when starting cold.

I would strongly recommend removing the float bowl and cleaning the carb if it has been sitting for a while. I'd also suggest replacing the spark plug with a new one to ensure that it is not party fouled making starting difficult.

Have fun with your new KDX

David

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom