1990 KDX-Which KIPS Parts to Order?

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Hey all, I've got another question here for you KDX guru's!

We are trying to order KIPS powervalve parts for my buddy's 1990 KDX 200, and certain parts such as the main exhaust valve and the actuator rod have two listings, one for " -DX200EE011340" and one for "DX200EE011341-". Obviously the parts changed somewhere along the line. I have looked at the VIN number, and the VIN is JKADXNE11LA0074.. (last two numbers left out). The "NE" would suggest to me to order the later parts, but the number at the end (0074...) would suggest the earlier parts to me. So I can't figure out which to order.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

Dave

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
Dave the vin number you are giving is actually the frame number at the steering head ,yes? the number to check for the parts on the engine are stamped in the case just above the tranny drain plug looking from the shifter side.The parts to order are either above or below the numbers of the engine if it is above 341 order part # x, if it is below 340 order part # y.Sorry I don't have the part #'s for you.There was slight engine changes between the 89-90 engine but I think the 90-94 are all the same. :thumb:
James..

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
Originally posted by jdbrusch
Dave the vin number you are giving is actually the frame number at the steering head ,yes? the number to check for the parts on the engine are stamped in the case just above the tranny drain plug looking from the shifter side.The parts to order are either above or below the numbers of the engine if it is above 341 order part # x, if it is below 340 order part # y.Sorry I don't have the part #'s for you.There was slight engine changes between the 89-90 engine but I think the 90-94 are all the same. :thumb:
James..

Dude! you are DA MAN!!! Twice in one day? Unbelievable!

Thanks alot James...you really know your s@*t!!!

Dave

Top Bottom