1991 KDX 250 Triple Clamp Replacement

ssaulnier

Aug 24, 2002
I have a really low mile KDX 250 that a buddy crashed for me. He crashed into a concrete sewer pipe/man hole cover, did a great endo, knocked himself out cold, busted the top triple clamp and bent the front rim. Are there any recommended aftermarket triple clamps available or should I go with a stock replacement?

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
I have not found any. The Answer ProTaper setup is a new clamp to replace the stocker. As you know, they are seperate from the top tripple clamp. The bike is built from the 90-91 KX and I never found one for that bike either. Seems that most companies stay with the 5year and newer bikes on the clamps as a general observation.

ssaulnier

Aug 24, 2002
Gladiator, what triple clamps are you running? What used clamps do you have for sale? The handle bar clamps or the actual triple clamps that hold the forks to the steering head? Will they fit my 1991 KDX 250? Since you have renthal bars does that mean that you have aftermarket handlebar clamps on your bike?

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
I have a stock 1993 KDX250 parts bike. The bike is all stock. I have the handle bar clamps and the triple clamps from it. They are in good shape as far as I can tell. Just let me know what you need. I believe the '91 thru 94 KDX250's are the same.

ssaulnier

Aug 24, 2002
Gladiator, I'll send a note next week. I am out of the country now in the UK. Steve

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
ssaulnier if you find that the forks are bent and need replacements let me know. A friend has a complete 2001 KLX300 front end for sale and it should bolt right up. It includes EVERYTHING except a front fender.

David

Gladiator

Jul 28, 2002
I have a flywheel & stator, but the stator is burnt at the exciter coil. If you have no stator, this one can be rewound much cheaper than a new one. I will also sell the forks if needed ssaulnier.

zweitakt

Sep 30, 2002
Gladiator,
I'm interested in buying those parts(flywheel + complete stator(plate and coils, pick-up).
please give me your offer via e-mail: Jostein.Fidje@dnv.com

thanks for your prompt reply.

Jostein

kmx125r

~SPONSOR~
May 23, 2000
Hi Mike (Gladiator),

I thought the clamps were already gone!!??? :think: I could really use them for my bike in the Philippines. How much would you want for them? Send me an email...

Jim

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…