cr25096er

Apr 16, 2002
i have one and it starts good and runs ok but pops or breaks up at high rpms. it still pulls a little but not as much as it should. it has a pc pipe and scilencer but does not have the stock air box(it definitly gets better airflow) and not the stock subframe. :uh:
the left side crankseal was replaced but still seemed to leak a little. it still; broke up with the new seal just the same as before. i can replace it again the job was cake but ive read that you pack the area the crank seal goes into with thick grese (to help make a seal)but i dont know. i tryed jetting it on i went from a 165 main from a 178 with no help all the way to a 220. that seemed to not have any effect on it. when jetting it the pin that holds the float in place wanted to fall out when i tilted the carb. i just pushed it back in and went. im pretty sure the powervalves are working so i dont thing that is it. i checkd for an airleak(spraying soapy water around all the visible gakets) but none showed up. the top end couldnt have 15 hours on and no blow by is visible on the piston and it had 190psi on the complession test. the powervalves are not seaced. the plug never seemed rich or lean. it holds all the radiator fluid so i know that dosnt have much or anything to do w/ it. i have a service manual but it didnt help very much. some1 please help. it also has boyesen reeds

Last edited:

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
If I can find the issue of dirt rider I have it has great detailed info on all the problem area's with the CR of that year.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
I'm still searching threw my monumental magazine stack I found the 91 125 shootout and a test on JMG's peak honda. Have you check eric gorr's site yet?

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
I thought that if it makes a popping sound or something like that then it was too rich, so therefore you should go down in size on the main, like a 160. I'm not sure though, just my thoughts.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
It was common for cr's to to that on the very top I was trying to find the issue were I thought it said something about a case flaw causing premature seal wear.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
lol okay well the article I was refering too is about piston diaginosing by eric gorr. It just states that the CR has a vented stator cover to help with condenstation build up and should be cleaned after every two rides to prevent dust damnage to the seal.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Going from 165 to 145 is a bad idea. Try 160 first, maybe 155, then go down from there if you still need too. I'm not sure if this is even your problem though, but it wont hurt trying smaller main jets.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom