baldknob

May 4, 2006
I have a 1994 kdx 200 that I replaced the fork springs with new .38kg springs. I don't have an owners manual and wanted to check the oil level but don't know what it is supposed to be or even how to check it. Was also wondering if there are any external adjustments to make for the dampening. Thanks in advance for any help.

pete fry

Mar 9, 2004
They have compression only damping.The adjuster is at the bottom of the fork.Take out the rubber grommet and you will find the adjuster.The oil should be 10wt and the amoungt is 618ml +or- 4ml. :cool:

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The oil is actually 5 weight, as it is in most any cartridge fork. I think the oil level is 85mm. That is with the cartridges bled, the spring out and the tube collapsed, of course.

baldknob

May 4, 2006
glad2ride said:
The oil is actually 5 weight, as it is in most any cartridge fork. I think the oil level is 85mm. That is with the cartridges bled, the spring out and the tube collapsed, of course.

Is that 85mm measurement taken from the top of the fork down to the top of the oil level?

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Yes, that is correct. Make sure you have the outer and inner tube oil levels the same. Also, make sure the air is bled from between the tubes.

Top Bottom