LesnarRKO

Jul 31, 2005
I just got my first bike not even a week ago. I'm not at all experienced so I don't know much about engines. Every time i ride my bike it starts with one kick but will not idle and the bike has no kill switch (is that normal?). The other day i had it in 3rd gear and it ran great in each gear. But when I slowed down for a turn it wouldn't idle. Im new so i didn't want to go too fast around the turn so i held in the clutch and tuned and it died. And when I start it it wont idle in neutral at all i have to keep it reved. And when i go on turns in first gear the bike dies if im not on the throttle. Please help. I ride a 1995 RM-250. If you can help please post here or email me at DubyaWE@sbcglobal.net

Last edited:

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
check for air leaks in between the carby and the reeds start the bike and spray some WD-40 around this area and see if the revs pick up by it self

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
the reeds control the crank case pressure and stop the crank case pressure on the down stroke excaping back into the carby start your bike keep it started and spray WD-40 all over the rubber hose looking connection joining your carby to the motor

Gazza2005au

Mar 27, 2005
ok atlease u know its not an air leak inbetween the cylinder and carby u will need to check the reeds for cracks and it could possable be one of your rings on the piston have stuck

Top Bottom