1997 YZ 250 flywheel weight results

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
Sunday was the first chance I had to get this bike on a track after adding the 10oz Zip Tye flywheel weight.

I should have added it sooner. I had another guy with me . He is a fast int. at the local track. He rode the bike, came back, and instantly said...what did you do to this? The motor is incredible.

The bike revs as fast as before. The rear tire does hook up better. Almost to good. At one point I came very close to looping it on flat ground.

The item that please me most is the less shifting I have to do in the corners. The bike does not stall or bog near as easily.

I know these things cannot change overall power. The feel is a different story. The bike feels so much better with the weight on that you would sware Yamaha screwed up on the stock weight choice.

I like it enough that my only regret is that it is not welded on. The bolt on idea sounds cheesy to me, although it works.

yz250roost

~SPONSOR~
Oct 16, 2000
Rcannon, email me at yzroost18@aol.com so we can talk about this, I've been thinking about doing it to my bike for a while, thanks!
Jeff

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom