250RM

Apr 5, 2007
I am interested in buying a 1999 RM 250 i was wondering if anyone here owns one or did and can tell me somethings that are bad and good about this bike.

Hooner33

Jul 17, 2006
Well I have a 98 Rm 250 and I cant imagine that a whole lot has changed. I love the my RM but it also came with a few goodies. (renthal bar, bills pipe, Pro Cir. silencer, Tech-care suspension, and a city yup that had money and never rode the thing.) So mine had a great start.
What doesn't make me happy is the top end power, I seem to have very little compared to others, and it is jetted right. As far as the bottom end, I love it. The thing pulls like a rocket. I would definately do it all over again.
Its like they say, BUY A COLOR you like and build it up.
Put suspension, a rev pipe, a silencer, and some comfortable gearing for how you ride and have a Sh*t load of fun. Buy it! Your biggest mistake would be, not to buy a bike.

David Rocci

Apr 6, 2007
I have an '03 RM 250 and I love it. I'm new to the sport but this bike took me a long way. My buddies convinced me to go big (250cc) when I wanted to get started with a 125. They say it's better to be scared of the bike because you respect it more. Whatever that means...

I rode it hard last summer - learned a lot - got a lot of air - and crashed REALLY f'ing hard a few times. But, the bike is tough, fast and takes a beating!

Have you ever ridden a 2-stroke before? If you are just getting started and never ridden either type of bike, I would start with a 4-stroke. The industry is going that way and it's HARD to learn a 4 stroke after learning a 2-stroke... Trust me... I rode a 4-stroke once and crashed the **** out of it because the bike stalls mid-air without constant throttle... it's difficult to get used to after riding a 2-stroke.

Just my $.02

David Rocci

crimecleaner

Nov 20, 2005
I;ve had mine for one and a half years and love it. Been reliable as hell. The only thing that sucks about that year is the internal water pump. You have to crack the motor to get at it. Costs 3 times more to fix as an external water pump. Other than that its been a great bike

Red Ryder

Mar 14, 2007
If I were you I would get a CR 250. The pump is right on the side, you don't even have to take the sidecover off, it has it's own little cover. I REALLY like them, they scream like nobody's bussiness

Top Bottom