middleburg51

Mar 7, 2003
my 1991 honda cr 125r is bogging down in first until you ride a little.also it doesnt do this when not in gear.the bike has a rad valve and a fmf gold series fatty and shorty silencer so i thought it would have no probs taking off.the bike runs awesome after you get out of first and seems to have no other problems.i mix 93 at 50 to 1 and use motul 800 2t.the plug doesnt have a bunch of oil or anything on it either.i also noticed that when i choke the carb the engine races until i shut off the choke.so if anybody has any ideas please help i hate that this is keeping me from really being able to enjoy riding.thanks Kevin

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
If the engine "races" could be an air leak.. Check all gaskets (reed, base etc.. ) Reason i say air leak is because the engine races, no color on the plug and the bog..
Hope this helps you,
RIck

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Originally posted by mainjet_2003
Hmm could be a number of things. First off I dont believe your engine revving when you choke it is abnomral

WHen my bike is running, if i turn on the choke, it bogs, wont rev then dies.. Reason i say air leak is it revs, caused by a possible lean condition.. Also the spark plug has no color from what i understand..
Rick

lcwarnke

Jul 14, 2002
I had the same issue on my 99 KX250 and I hate to say it, but the fix was rather easy in my case. First, the original owner put a FMF pipe on it, and silencer. In my great wisdom I wanted to check the carb settings because it was bogging in 1st and screaming everywhere else. Long story short, putting the needle clip back to the stock position, made all my problems go away. 4th clip position (Stock) just got the bike back to quick throttle bottom end for me...Just something to check and easy to play with. FMF suggest 3rd clip setting and I even played with it up to the 2nd clip setting, but stock was the ticket.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom