jcddfd

Sep 3, 2004
Hello first post here but i have been reading for a month or so.I have been riding bikes for a long time but just getting back into dirt after about 15 years.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site :cool:

Grab a spot on the couch and tell us a bit about yourself. How long you have been riding, what kind of riding you prefer, where you are located, etc. We will do our best to hook you up with some fellow dirt bike enthusiasts.

I see you are in Tennessee ... Check out the Southern Spodes and Kentuckiana Chapter forums for opportunities to hook up with fellow DRNers. If you are near the western edge also check out the Mid-West DirtRiders and Heartland Spodes forums. They get together ocassionally at the Land btwn the Lakes.

Again, welcome to the site, and shout if you have any questions!

jcddfd

Sep 3, 2004
Im in east TN around Knoxville. I'm getting to old and fat to ride hard core stuff like I did when I was younger and in shape. I like to get out and explore on my bikes, Thats why I have the dual sports. I keep smaller dirt bike becuase if they were bigger they would end up on the street. Love them motards.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
We have a few fellows here working on and riding motards.

Re DS ... there are a few here. We had a DS forum, but the three or four of us that posted in it could not breathe enough life into it to justify the real estate.

I have been thinking about getting a KTM once the 950S bikes start showing up on the used market. Great "big DS bike" according to everyone that has ridden one. Now that the twins have been outlawed from Dakar maybe KTM will spend some time and money on the 640 and bring it back to the states. I would get one of those in a heartbeat if they started importing them again.

Have you seen the Trans-America Trail website. Now that sounds like a really fun ride! There is a nice route that runs N/S through Oregon that I found on the Oregon Off-Highway Vehicle Association website.

I have come to really value my Roads of Texas for all the great opportunities to explore. I am sure they have a Tennessee version. Couple that with my GPS and I am good to kill a good part of any day between point A and point B when point B doesn't know when I am going to arrive and whether or not I went through C, D, E, and perhaps F on the way to B. :yeehaw:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom