1st Ride today in 2 years (dirt that is) YIKES!

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Well after spending the last two years fully concentrated on my road/track riding on my FZ1 and RC30 I finally got myself back on the dirt.

MAN I SUCK!! I felt like I ate a retard sandwich for breakfast!

Turning was a real eye opener for me. On the street Im a very aggressive rider shifting all of my body off the bike to the inside of the turn. LOL! my first real turn on the dirt I found myself hangin' a cheek off the seat:) OOPS! I was laughing in my helmet. Anyway, it took a few minutes to remember the skills and begin to work on them. I did low side once through a tight turn as my rear wheel never hooked up(to much power).....again a habit formed on the street where Im used to power wheeling through a turn except this time I grabbed to much.

Jumping came back and I felt pretty comfortable in the air. Im a big snowboarder and I love huge air on the mountain so Im at home in the air.;)

Overall the day was dedicated to breaking in my top end and getting a feel for my bike. All went well with the engine and suspension but my fuel petcock did have a slow leak.
I'll be back for more this week tryin to ease out of the dirt-diapers....til then.

jeffd

Naïve Texan
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2000
Welcome back to the dirt! It is an awesome feeling for sure...

-jeffd

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Glad that you had a great time! Where did you ride?

Enduro_Nut

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
Welcome back! I know how you feel - I took 10 years off. Been back at it about 2 years and I still don't like to catch air! But then again when I used to go boarding I didn't catch much air then either! :|

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
I did Metcalf since its only 20min from my place. Next week Im gonna try Holister for the first time. Im also meeting up with Rick from this board for the first time. Im hoping to meet others from the board in my area so I dont have to ride alone all the time.:) The invite is open to all.

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
Hey Joshua,
Metcalf is kinda pretty fun place too ride, it being so close too.. I like their GP track.. There is some fun technical stuff there too.. Well, hopefully it wont rain this weekend..
RIck

Amadeus

Apr 10, 2003
Other than it being a bit small I dont have any real complaints about Metcalf. It will definately be my weekday "sneek in a ride when my wife aint lookin" spot. I like speed to much though so Im gonna have to find some long trails to air out. I never got out of 3rd at Metcalf with my 360:)

.....please dont rain.....please dont rain......please dont rain!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…