dadshillnut

Dec 28, 2001
I admit it,I am a newbie. I have not had a 2 stroke long and every one has a different opinion on what oil to run.One gentlemen says run MC1 another says SI7 another schaffers. I know that experience is the best teacher but I do not have any so i thought I might be able to benefit from the experience of all the fine riders on this board.So what oil do you gentlemen like best.I do not race. I ride trails through the woods mostly, at 32:1 ratio. thanks for the help

F3504X4

Nov 7, 2001
I ran yamalube at 32:1 for a few years and when i rebuilt my top end's they
looked very good. (95cr125)
I just got a 99 yz250 and the guy who had it is running AMSOIL RACE 2000 at 40:1
Well the bike runs great on it and runs cleaner. So I'am going to stick with the
AMSOIL, I here good talk about the oil.;)

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I ran Klotz SuperTechniplate in my Can-Am at 32:1 with great results. (lovely smelling oil)
I ran Mobil MX2T in my KDX at 32:1 with great results.
Now in my current oil burner I run Maxima SuperM at 40:1 just because that's what was in the bike when I bought it. It appears to burn cleanly even though the bike is running richer than I'd like it to.

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
I have tried many different brands over the years, right now I user Castrol TTS, if I can't get TTS I user Honda 2-stroke racing oil. TTS pours and mixes eaiser but does not tint the gas so if you have several cans around you cannot tell by looking at it. Honda give the gas a purple tint. Both seem to work fine in both my 125 and my son's 85 I run 32:1 in both. But I have run both oils at 40:1 in my 125 with no problems. I tried Schaffers, and from what I've read it is suppose to be very good, but no matter what I did with my 125 for mix ratio or jetting it would foul plugs. The shop that reccomended it insists I need to run it as 50:1, but I just can't bring myself to run a 125 at 50:1.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
I was running Motul 800 2T, Best stuff I ever used but a bit toooo expensive ($17 quart). Yamalube 2S or 2R are not that great in my opion (gums up powervavles real bad and doesn't burn as clean). I am running nothing but Bel-Ray Si-7 synthetic in my bike and have had the best results in running it in my past bikes then the 20 other types of oils I ran (besides Motul). Just pick one...:)

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
I have used Suzuki CCI, Golden Spectro, and Amsoil. The Amsoil is slightly cheaper than some of the other poplular oils around here (10.00 qt) and so far, it is the best running oil in my bike. (full synthetic and almost no spooge) I am still experimenting with ratios, it ran well at 50:1 but I am going to go to at least 40:1 or richer on the oil.

I really would like to try the MX2T because a lot of people recommend it and you can't beat the price. Can also order it over the web by the case. I haven't gotten my hands on a bottle yet to try it though.

Joe Chief

btencate

Jan 31, 2002
I have been using the Honda 2-stroke racing oil myself and I think it works great. I usually premix at 32:1 do run 40:1 on ocasion. I am thinking of trying mobil but having troubles finding it locally

KXKen

Jan 6, 2001
I've used mostly Maxima Castor 927 32:1 and I've had very good results. This year I'm going to try Super M (it's cheaper) and see how that works out.

02YZRulz

Nov 13, 2001
I have run, Motul, Bel-Ray MC-1, Bel-Ray H1R and Maxima Super M in my KX-250. They all ran well and I had experienced no mechanical failures. However, the Super M burns the cleanest by far. That is what I am currently running in my YZ. I may switch to the Maxima 927 after I do the top end in a few weeks. One of my riding buddies just started to run the 927, and I can tell you that it does not burn as clean as the Super M. I am willing to sacrifice a little clean burning for extra protection. In my opinion, you can not go wrong with any of these. Ride Safe!

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
I run yamalube2r in my yz I used to run Suzuki cci when I had my old rm . I have used Belray Hr 1 and Maxima before also can't say I can blame anything bad on any of these oils. I tend to stick with the yamalube for the yz and the cci when I had the rm only because the dealers would more than likely to have these in stock as opposed to other oils. I am a firm believer in if you find something you like stick with it.

Chief

~SPONSOR~
Damn Yankees
Aug 17, 2001
Since my Last post I did finally find 2 pints of the mx2t at autozone (5 Bucks a pint :whiner: ) I asked Mr counter guy How much of a deal would I get if I ordered it by the case, It worked out to 5 bucks a pint :whiner:

Ok, so price isn't the whole story. I tried it, the bike runs well on it and I gradually went from 50:1 to 32:1 with no spooge. I really think this is due to using the amoco 93 fuel (Thanks Eric). I ordered a case on the web, with s&h it works out to 3 bucks a pint. It's just one less thing I have to curse about forgetting when I get home from 'shopping'. They drop it off at my door :)

Haven't had the top end apart since I started using it, so I can't say how clean it is.

If I had to make a second choice it would definetely be the amsoil gallon jug. The bike ran really nice on that, plus there is the red tint, unlike the mx2t.

Chief

btencate

Jan 31, 2002
I went to my local autozone this weekend and they have informed me that they will no longer be carrying Mobil 2-stroke oil anymore. Has anyone else been told this?

RomKX5

Feb 4, 2002
That would suck if the Autozones stop carrying MX2T, cuz that was one of the reasons for using it. Oh well, if that's the case, then I'll order it online :) I have used Kawasaki 2 stroke, Motul, and MX2T and had no problems, but I'm sticking with the MX2T for my bikes because of price and availability.

mackay

Jan 7, 2002
AMSOIL

I am currently using AMSOIL 2000 Race Oil at 32:1 and it seems to be working great...smells nice too and its $9.00 Canadian per Litre, thats about $6.00 U.S. :D

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
The guy charging $5.00 for MX2T should be shot. The suggested retail is $3.75 a pint and that is the price I've seen at "every" AutoZone in my area.
Considering that the price is right and it is of high quality, MX2T is my choice and will continue to be so. BTW....Mobil sells dye for the oil if you feel you need it.

limitless

subscribed
~SPONSOR~
Aug 11, 2002
i have a 97' kdx220r and was wandering what would be the best oil and premix ratio? i bought some golden spectro, it recomends 52:1 but im not sure all of you say 40:1 & 32:1. i havnt used it yet this is my first two stroke and i got it two days ago it still has the gas they put in at dealer but im not sure of the ratio(it is fresh gas) should i switch to amsoil or hr1 please help me out guys.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
I used to use MC-1 about 10 years ago. I remember that it burned really clean and I had no problems with it.
I had been using Honda Racing 2 stroke and when I did my top end, it was a mess. Now I'm trying Bel-Ray H1R. I've also been told to try Motul 800.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom