Ryche

Mar 27, 2002
Im about to purchase some 2 way FRS radio systems.. curious who around here uses or has ever used them while riding.. They have a 2 mile range and seem like the ideal way to keep in touch with a riding buddy.. with headsets, microphones and handsfree voice activation, it would be a good way to hear the UGGGGHHH when your friend eats some dirt.. hehheheh :aj:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
Just remember not to sing in your helmet while riding ;) They range might not be 2 miles in the woods or if you ride in a hilly area, but should work fine. Sounds fun, I imagine you would hear a lot a waahooos and 4 letter words.

YZ Joust

Master of Jackassery
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 21, 2002
My brother and I have the Chatterbox system which works really well. We tried other systems but the bikes create too much noise for the handheld radios w/ earpiece and mic. Chatterbox is more expensive but the price is well worth it.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
GoSpeedRacer and I use the cheaper FRS with 2 mile range. We don't use headseats or anything so we just have armbands. I can't really hear it when my bike is running but I think you can with her 2-stroke. If she is out of sight for more than a couple minutes I shut my bike off anyway. There are some new FRS out there that have a claimed 5 mile range that I would like to get. The radios have helped a bunch epecially with bigger groups of riders, bad get-offs etc and they certainly give me a little peace of mind.

yarbonwick

Sponsoring Member
Mar 7, 2000
Just remember, anything further than 2 miles for those gadgets require a FCC license, which the app is usually included with the package. Chatterbox is good, but for dirtbikes I wouldn't go for the top end model.

dirtbikeguy

May 6, 2001
I recently purchased Nady MRC-11 Radios with headset . So far so good except I dont use the voice activation when riding, noise from the bikes sets it off. I use the manual swith that comes with the headset. I use them mainly in the woods and haven't had any static problems as of yet.

I ordered them from A2Zoutlet online and received them in 2 days!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom