200 carb on a 220?

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
Any1 ever try to put a carb from a KDX200 on a 220? If so how was it and what did you have to do?

Thxs,
ELF

Tom L

Dec 18, 2004
I have heard that is actually recommended to boost the top end on the 220. I'm sure it would be an improvement in top end power. Might lose a smidge on the low end, but probably not real noticable. Most people get the R-B mod.

Quailchaser

Jan 30, 2004
It can be done...it'll bolt right up. A little re-jet and you should be good to go. You will probably loose some bottom end and increase mid to top. The best way to go is the RB designs mod which gives great increase across the board.

Later
Robb

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The 200 carb is 35mm, and the 220 carb is 33mm
You can put a 200 carb on the bike, and re-jet
do you just happen to have a 2oo carb laying arround? or are you going to look for one?
I paid about $70 and sent my carb out to be bored to 36mm, and then re-jetted
Finding a 35m carb off an auction site, and then re-jetting it could cost you more than the initial $70
As far as power delivery, you do loose some bottom end, as the top end picks up, but a slight change in throttle control and you'll never notice a diffrence in the bottom end

css_elfers

Aug 26, 2004
No I dont have a 200 carb but was just trying to find diffrent ways instead of dropping $170 and doin the RB mod. Where did you get yours done for $70?

ELF

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…