200 Top-End on a KX125?

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Sons and I are woods riders, and we all enjoy the light weight/handling of an MX bike. Have heard a 200 cylinder/top-end will bolt right up to a KX125 motor. Light weight, but TORQUE to let you lug-through the low-traction stuff. Has anyone had experience with this? Do 125 cases need machine work to allow 200 cylinder? Seems as if crank should be re-balanced...? What about fit of pipe and airboot? Sounds like a lot of thought and labor, but a KX200/220 sticker on the swingarm would be way cool huh? You may be thinking..."just buy a 200KTM", but that's not an option for us...I'm a contractor who has worked on so many of my dealers homes, that that's where I'm tied in, I'm a loyal customer to my dealer, and they don't sell KTM's., Thanks, John

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
I'm not aware of being able to bolt a KDX200 cylinder on to a KX125. Wish I could...

The next best option (in my mind) is to have a 144 kit installed. At the same time the ports could be optimized for low-to-mid range power. I would also install a flywheel weight and low tension reeds.

In the end you would have a nice KDX144.

The only other option I can think of is to install a KDX motor in a KX125 frame. It's been done. Someone here has also installed a KDX motor in a CRF aluminum frame.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…