KDX STEVEN

Feb 15, 2002
just wanted to see what you guys are doing to make a kdx handle good. i have a 2000 kdx 200 with 4.0 springs in front and stock in the back.the bike does not want to stay in the trail.it will not stay in the trail when im riding hard.i went on fredettes site and set the setting by what he had on there and im thinking i might need to have it valved.
what sag are you guys useing?
do you have the forks up in the clamps? if so how far?

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
noone i know can ride a stock sprung bike. worked on several kdx's and got good results.r sag bout 3 3/4-4",a pinch more preload(forks), tubes flush to bout an 1/8 up ,proper springs ofcourse.if u need to slow the rebound all u can do is put heavier oil in the forks.100-110 mm oil level.personally i can't live w/out my damper lol.the stock tire sux btw. if u want life good.....gold valves,springs,shock revalve.what u got head shake?

KDX STEVEN

Feb 15, 2002
IM GOING TO TRY SOME DIFFERANT SETTING THIS WEEKEND. I HOPE I CAN MAKE THIS THING A LITTLE BETTER .

THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Depends on what 'handle good' means.

.40 and stock shock is fairly well balanced for around #180 pound rider.

That leaves race sag, oil level and clickers.

You're:
Washing?
Cutting?
Packing?

What shape are your steering head bearings in? You can't feel bad ones with the front wheel/tire on. Well, not unless they are completely shot! Take the front wheel/tire off. Move the forks lock-2-lock and feel for 'snicking'. If you feel it chances are your bottom bearing is toast.

That'll make for a handling problem you'll be glad to get rid of!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom