2000 KX 250 Jetting woes

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I have a 00' KX 250 I need help with. It has a PC pipe on it, everything else stock. The guy who rides it is really slow, and it is spooging everywhere. He rarely gets past 3 gear and rolls most jumps.

What specs do you think I should try out? I'm tired of cleaning out his fouled plugs!

Stew312

Jul 8, 2002
Sounds to me like he rides at about 1/4 throttle everywhere, which means the pilot jet is being used the most. Throw a leaner pilot in there and see where that gets ya.

'00kx250spode

Oct 21, 2000
Another thing you might try is an N3WF needle at the same clip position. The stock needle is N3WE. The "F" needle has a slightly larger straight-part, affecting jetting at 1/4 throttle.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
It most likely rich everywhere. If he is riding slow then I would think it is running rich in the pilot, needle, and most likely the main jet also. First try leaning out the pilot jet and raising the clip on the needle or try the leaner KX needle. While your gonna be doing that a I would do a plug check on the main jet and see if it needs a leaner main jet while you have the carb apart.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I'll get the "F" needle, but what size mains and pilots should I get?

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
You should go down 1-2 sizes at a time on both the pilot or main. You might end up buying a few jets but they are a good investment when the temperature changes outside and your jetting needs to be adjusted. Most riders ask me "Why the heck do you spend all that money on jets?" And I simply tell them "well for one I'd rather have my jetting dialed in then have fouling plugs and spooge like you do, so my investment in jets is like 2 things in 1, maintance & performance."

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
I noticed someone like a moderator edited my original post. The link you provided takes you to FMF and not Pro Circuit.. The pipe is a Pro Circuit.

Durt Cycler

Trial Subscriber
~SPONSOR~
Nov 13, 2001
Unit74, Okie has now added a feature that if you type "pipe" or FMF or other sponsoring companies, it will bring you to the sponors website.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Sounds like an interesting concept, but if I am refering to a PC P I P E, linking it to F M F just doesn't make sense. Most can see the Sponsorlinks to the left, and as case and point, I used it to get my 400's motor big bored just last week so they doo work and asa direct result of this board, Eric got $500 of my cash.

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
2.50 for jets!!?? The dealer charged me EIGHT BUCKS A PIECE!! The same dealer that tried to charge me $116 for a Renthal O-ring! Can you seriously get jets for $2.50? mumble..mumble..mumble....grrrr...mumble...

Stew312

Jul 8, 2002
wow... well all my jets for the Mikuni are $2.50 each.. I have 5 of them bad boys layin around, and they ran me a total of $12.50.

Unit74

Dec 16, 2001
Give a call to Sudco or Carb Parts Wherehouse. They are alot cheaper than the dealers.

Stew-

Where did that come from? I'm pretty sure what a pipe vs silencer is?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…